Monday, January 9, 2012

Three Minutes in History, Take Two

Normandy #10: Use your lucky pencil for best results


There weren’t any entries for the amazing writing prompt I posted last week. I’m nice, so I’ll give you one more chance. Don’t let me down. A disappointed half-invisible turtle is a vengeful half-invisible turtle.


Write for three minutes about…


…your lucky pencil. You use it for every test, quiz, and exam. It hasn’t failed you yet. Thirty seconds into Mr. Dobson’s history class, he announces a pop quiz. No problem. You reach for your lucky pencil—disaster! You left it in your locker! Mr. Dobson’s not the sharpest pencil in the box, and your desk is right next to the door, so you decide to slip out to get your lucky pencil. But it’s not a hallway of lockers you find outside the classroom. You’ve stepped into another place and time. It seems familiar, though, like something out of your history book. Yes, that’s it. And holy cow! Check out who’s using your lucky pencil…


Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day January 15 (put “Norman is Magnanimous” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

No comments: