Monday, February 13, 2012

Three Minutes with Acrobatic Amphibians

Normanday #15: Nash, Nelson, Nicholas, and Norma


Write for three minutes about…


…the Nimble, Nearsighted Naglebury Newts.


Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day February 19 (put “Norman is a Thumb-Wrestling Champion” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.


Here’s the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…


…that incredible invention that changed your life…



Cranberly

Ode to a Cotton Swab


Oh, Q-Tip® how you’ve changed my life

Easing me of all my strife

I use you nearly every day

Not just for ears, but in other ways


I use you to clean the moldy grime

Around my sink’s edge it climbs

In those small cracks you fit so well

How you do it, I’ll never tell


I use you for my makeup routine

For applying and for keeping clean.

In morning, you make eye liner smooth

And then, at night, you help me remove


And, finally, although I know it’s wrong

In my ear do you belong

Removing wax and other things

Making my heart and ears ring


So I thank you, cotton swab

For cleaning wax and grime and globs

In my house you will always be

My clean/dirty secret, just for me

No comments: