Monday, July 23, 2012

Three Minutes Applauding Fido

Normanday #38: Encore! Encore!


No doubt that was an amazing trick. But did you see the encore?


Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day July 29 (put “Norman Played the Spoons at Carnegie Hall” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.


Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes…


…the amazing trick that dog did.



Cranberly

Did you see my dog? He’s pretty amazing. I mean, way more amazing than other dogs. Last night, he did a trick for me. First, he jumped up on the bookshelf and turned on the stereo. He changed the station with his teeth to an awesome retro 70s station. “Play That Funky Music” came on. Then, he hopped down, flipped my dad’s hat up and it landed on his head, and started dancing. Not regular dog dancing, but people dancing. He balanced on his back legs and waved his front legs to the music. That was pretty impressive. He had a nice groove going. I was about to give him a treat, when he started hopping on each leg in time to the music. Using his tail, he started strumming the guitar to the music. It was in key and everything. I was so amazed! I started to clap, but he held up one paw to stop me. He looked thoughtful, like he was concentrating, and then his floppy ears started twitching and then they were bouncing to the music too. As the song started to wind down, he stopped strumming the guitar, did two back flips and then spun in a circle on the floor. Not bad for a dachshund, eh? At the end, I gave him his treat and he tipped his hat to me and walked out of the room, chewing. That dog should be on TV. Not that I’m bragging.


What does your dog do?

No comments: