Monday, July 30, 2012

Three Minutes Lighting Your Pants on Fire

Normanday #39: Lie to Me.


Make something up. See if I believe you.


Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day August 5 (put “Norman is a Descendent of Abraham Lincoln” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.


Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…


…the encore that dog did after his amazing trick.



Bigfoot

Encore? You’re kidding right? I just juggled five cats, whistled the theme song to Star Wars, and vacuumed your living room. You expect an encore? I’ve got an idea. How about first you give me that biscuit you promised me. Then maybe we’ll talk about an encore. I’ve got things to do, you know. I haven’t had my fourth nap yet today, and those holes aren’t going to dig themselves. And who do you think keeps that guy away from the mailbox? An encore? My whole life is an encore.

No comments: