Monday, October 29, 2012

Three Minutes Matching Socks

Normanday #52: Maybe his trunk is cold.

Write for three minutes about…

…the elephant rummaging in your sock drawer.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day November 4 (put “Norman Loves November” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here are the entries from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…a conversation you had with a pumpkin.


Cranberly

No, I swear you look good. I promise. Did it hurt much? A little, huh? Well, I think it’s a great look for you. Very cool, very hip, very “on the edge,” you know? And the candle shows it off so well. Really lights everything up. What made you decide to go so Goth? I mean, I like it. I really do. The fangs are just great and the pointy eye brows are a nice touch. It’s scary and yet…inviting, all at the same time. The inviting part is the candle’s glow. And the hole in the back is a nice touch—very gory looking. Who did that? Oh. Squirrels, huh? I bet that is frustrating, especially with no arms. Don’t worry. No one will see that hole. Well, yeah, sure, I did. Only because I am sitting right here beside you on the porch. You have your back up against the bricks and stuff, so no one will see that at all. Just a faint glow on the wall. What? Oh, sure, I can move the candle forward and then that glow will disappear. Anyway, very cool look, Mr. Pumpkin. Oh, excuse me, I mean Jack-O-Lantern. Right? Right? What? Call you Vamp-O-Lantern? Sure thing. And Happy Halloween! Here come the kids…so “Show Time!”

No comments: