Monday, July 1, 2013

Three Minutes in Summer

Normanday #83: I wish there were lightning bugs in winter.

Write for three minutes about…

…your favorite part of summer.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day July 7 (put “Norman Likes Fireworks” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old). If you’re a published children’s or young adult writer, include a biography to be posted with your entry.

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…the time an elephant asked you to do him a favor.


Tren Rewy Steb
“Can you help me?” he asked.
I wasn’t too busy, so I agreed. Plus, I was curious what an elephant would want from me.
He showed me a string he had tied around his toe. It was supposed to help him remember something, but it wasn’t working.
I tried to jog his memory:
Is it to remind you to get milk at the grocery store?
No.
Return a library book?
No.
Do your homework?
No.
Wish your best friend happy birthday?
No.
Walk your dog?
I don’t have a dog.
Feed your fish?
No.
Practice your ukulele?
What?
Is it to help you remember to practice your ukulele?
Is what to help me remember to practice your ukulele?
That string.
What string?

No comments: