Monday, October 28, 2013

Three Minutes Blowing Out Candles

Normanday #100: One year my wish came true.

Write for three minutes about…

…a birthday memory.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day November 3 (put “Norman Helps Little Old Ladies Across the Street” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…a rock.

 

Tren Rewy Steb
The wheels glided over the driveway. I felt like I was ice skating. I was ice skating. My fans watched, mesmerized by my grace and talent. How was somebody so young so very good? I tuned them out and focused on my routine. I extended my arms over my head and leapt. I completed a perfect figure eight. The crowd cheered, but my concentration only intensified. I bent at the waist as if about to pick something up, then swept back up. Building momentum, I prepared to pivot and skate backwards. The crowd held their breath in anticipation of the difficult maneuver. The wheel of my skate met a pebble and skidded to a stop. I continued on, landing in the yard hands first, then knees. The crowd vanished, replaced by the girls across the street who giggled into their jump rope-holding fists.

No comments: