Monday, October 14, 2013

Three Minutes Putting a Ship in a Bottle


Normanday #98: The anchor is a gumdrop.

Write for three minutes about…

…your imaginary hobby.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day October 20 (put “Norman Collects Bottle Caps” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes…

…using a random word as a free-writing starting point.


Bigfoot

Random Word: WorseCould things get any worse? Apparently they could. It started to rain. Then my umbrella blew inside out. It flew out of my hand and hit a big guy in the back of the head. He turned around and I saw that he wasn’t just a big guy, he was an enormous guy. I tried to explain about the wind, but the big guy didn’t want to hear it. Did I mention I was next to a duck pond? I was. Normally I get along fine with ducks. Who doesn’t? But these ducks were possibile having an even worse day than me because they were cranky. They started to swat at me with their flappy webbed feet. I thought things were looking up when I managed to get out of the pond, but I slid in a mud puddle and went rolling down a hill. It was totally Jack and Jill. At the bottom of the hill I realized I had lost my bag. Did I mention I was carrying a bag? I was. It wasn’t a bag to carry things, it was a sleeping bag. And it was gone. So I’d have to sleep in a pile of leaves. Wet leaves. I think I mentioned already it was raining.

No comments: