Monday, October 21, 2013

Three Minutes with a Rock


Normanday #99: I walk my pet rock around the block every day.

Write for three minutes about…

…a rock.

Email what you wrote to woof at bright dot net by the end of the day October 27 (put “Norman has a Chiseled Jaw” in the subject line). I’ll post as many of my favorite entries as I want next Monday. Include your first name (or, even better, use a pen name) and age (unless you’re tortoise-old).

Here is the single entry from last week when I asked you to write for three minutes about…

…your imaginary hobby.


Penny C. Monster
My imaginary hobby is collecting autographs. A lot of people collect celebrity autographs, but I collect regular people’s autographs. Well, kind of regular people. What I do is pick a cemetery to visit. I make rubbings of the headstones there. That’s when you put paper on top of the names and dates on a headstone and rub charcoal over the whole thing until you end up with an impression. I make impressions from January through October. It’s fun to wander around the cemetery reading the headstones. Then I go back on Halloween night, around midnight. That’s when I get my headstone rubbings autographed.

No comments: